One of the most exciting parts of the holiday season is getting the opportunity to create a Christmas lights display. In fact, many people consider their Christmas lights display to be the prime opportunity to exercise their creativity and show off their holiday spirit.
However, though you may already be excited about creating your display this holiday season, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the number of choices you will be expected to make. Things such as the type of LED lights that you purchase, the colors of lights that you choose, and any accompanying decorations will all need to be accounted for.
Fortunately, by taking the time to understand the world of LED Christmas lighting, you should be able to find the lights that your display truly needs. LED Christmas lights are an innovative and exciting piece of technology that ought to can help immediately help you demonstrate your holiday spirit.
The Many Benefits of Purchasing LED Christmas Lights
For years, incandescent and fluorescent Christmas lights were overwhelmingly the most popular options available on the market. However, though these styles of lights may bring back happy memories from earlier times, new technological developments have made it possible for people to have considerable superior options.
There are many different reasons why LED Christmas lights are now the most popular lighting choice for both amateurs (at-home) and professionals:
- LED Christmas lights are far more energy efficient than their older predecessors—this is something that will help you save on your energy bill and is also better for the environment
- LED Christmas lights can be connected to create longer chains, are easier to replace, and typically have much longer life spans
- LED Christmas lights are also excellent for creating customized displays with various special features
Surprisingly, when compared to other options, LED Christmas lights are often the most affordable choice available.
Things to Keep in Mind When Shopping for LED Christmas Lights
Once you have made the decision to purchase LED Christmas lights for your holiday display, there are still several other variables that will need to be considered. For example, it is important to consider which color of LED lights will be the most compatible with your display. Though white, red and green, and rainbow LED lights are the most popular options, lights can be found in almost any color combination.
Additionally, you will need to consider which specific variety of LED Christmas tree lights will make the most sense for your display. The best option for you will depend on whether your display is indoors or outdoors, the distance the display will be viewed from, and the type of display you are hoping to create.
- 5mm wide angle conical LED Christmas lights are small, yet surprisingly bright. These are often the lights you will find in any sort of professional display (parks, malls, etc.).
- M5 LED Mini Lights are available in a variety of different color combinations and can be used for both indoor and outdoor displays. These lights may be ideal for an indoor Christmas tree or an outdoor wreath.
- C6 LED Lights, C7 LED Lights, and C9 LED Lights are a little bit larger and are the perfect choice for a bright at-home display. You may want to ask your lighting professional which size makes the most sense for you.
- T5 LED Lights are an excellent choice for anyone considers energy efficiency to be their top-priority—these lights are especially worth looking into if you plan on having your display powered for more than 6 hours a day.
As you can see, when it comes to creating an LED Christmas light display, you are certainly not without options. Taking the time to plan (or even sketch out) your lighting display in advance will make it much easier to make your final decision.
Deciding Which Special Features to Incorporate into Your LED Christmas Lights Display
One of the greatest things about LED lighting technology is that it has also been used to create a variety of different “special features.” These special features—which are likely much more affordable than you might initially assume—are great for making your display a bit more unique or helping express a particular theme.
- If you are hoping to create something with a wintery theme, then you might want to consider purchasing LED Icicle Lights, LED Snowfall Lights (available in multiple colors), LED Snowflakes, or other comparable features.
- If you are hoping to create something a bit more mysterious or unique, then LED Fairy Lights, LED Spheres, or Cascading LED Christmas Branches might be your best option.
- If you are simply hoping to light up the available space in a more efficient way, then consider looking into LED Curtain Lights, LED Compact Lights, and Christmas LED Net Lights.
For individuals who are purchasing large amounts of LED lights for commercial reasons, you may want to consider bundling these accessories with the varieties of stringed Christmas lights mentioned above. Many retailers—particularly those available online—are often very willing to offer discounts for purchasing in bulk.
The Best Places to Purchase LED Christmas Lights
With each passing year, there are more places to purchase LED holiday lights than ever before. However, while hardware stores and other in-person retailers have traditionally been the first places people look for their decorative purchases, the benefits of buying online should not be overlooked.
By purchasing your LED Christmas lights online, you can quickly compare prices and also compare the different options you have available. Though it is still very important to do your research, the ideal Christmas lighting display is likely well within reach from the convenience of your own home.
The Christmas season is a time of the year for getting together with those you love and reflecting on the things you all have in common. Lighting displays are a timeless tradition that helps unite people of all kinds at the end of each year. With the developments in LED lighting technology, you can easily create a display that is beautiful and well within your budget.