The current COVID-19 pandemic has made world look at many things from a different perspective. Initially, exposing the children to computers or cell phones was a taboo in order to protect their young developing minds and bodies from radiation and media influence. However, this pandemic has changed the thought process completely, since there is no scope to go out and attend normal school / college. Now the gadgets kept off limit from the children have become their “best friends” and saviors, as through online medium they can pursue their education without a break.
Here are some reasons that specify why online learning is the future of education and how to get inside of an International online school:
- FLEXIBILITY OF OPERATION: In online education, there is flexible time option and one can study in a relaxed manner. Unlike traditional classroom and set class timing, online offers the convenience of selecting the class at a suitable timing. The teacher and student can fix a common agenda to work on and interact comfortably when both have the time.
- TIME AND MONEY SAVING: Since you can access the online class from the comfort of your home at a convenient time, you eliminate the expenses incurred in travelling to school Besides, since most of the study material is available online for free or within the course fees, you tend to save on buying books and other stationery. Apart from expenses incurred for commuting and study material, other major expenses of traditional school attendance like school bus fees, hostel accommodation, dining and others need no consideration at all.
- WIDER SCOPE OF COURSE SELECTION: E-learning offers many courses and gives you the option to select the ones that match your interest. Unlike traditional learning, where there is a fixed syllabus and limited course options per academic year, the online counterpart throws the gates wide open for a broader spectrum of learning. Besides the course that you have enrolled for, you can select other subjects too to gain knowledge in variety of fields.
- GOOD INTERACTION AND PROPER ATTENTION: Online learning is of two types. One where the classes are in live progression and the other being pre-recorded lessons. In case of live classes, usually there is a cap on enrollment to facilitate better student-teacher ratio. Smaller group ensures that each student gets proper guidance and attention. On the other hand, pre-recorded sessions are open to many students at a time without a cap on enrollment. Thus, they can listen to the lecture, make notes and ask their difficulties in the next session. Under both the circumstances, students get proper knowledge, albeit in a relaxed manner.
- EASY ACCESSIBILITY: Since the classes are online and need no physical attendance, online learning is accessible to anyone across the globe, so long as you enroll for the session. There is no hard and fast rule as from where you should attend the class. You can do it even when you are travelling, provided you have an internet connection to access the class. Hence, you need not sacrifice your wanderlust to gain knowledge. This e-learning provision permits you to get the best of both worlds – your passion for travel and pursuit for knowledge.
- FAVORABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE: When a student is relaxed and taking classes from a place where he / she is comfortable, there are more chances of proper grasping and understanding. There is no pressure to perform or to commute to classes and thus the student has a more positive approach towards learning. When the mind is at peace, the retention rate of gained knowledge is better as compared to studying in tense atmosphere.
- PERFECT BALANCE OF SYLLABUS LEARNING AND SOFT SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Online learning gives enough scope for soft skills development along with the hard skills knowledge that you gain. Having flexibility of attendance, no peer pressure or choice of subjects does not mean that one can take things very lightly and ignore the responsibilities or initiative to come up with their own opinions and ideas. In fact, in online classes the students get many opportunities to come forward to discuss their views and get doubts cleared. In online live session and group discussions, the students get encouragement to express themselves and hence build self- confidence. Besides, they also learn time management in order to balance their studies, activities and other hobbies. Hence, one can safely say that apart from traditional school, where it was a belief that children get all-round development opportunity, the online learning also offers holistic development of the student.
CONCLUSION: The COVID-19 pandemic has surely changed the face of education and made it more unconventional and accessible. The final aim is to gain knowledge and nothing can be better than to get it at your own pace and in own space.